September 29, 2009

from the book nook: mixed bags.

Hey, sisters! :) Sorry I haven't posted in a few days, but I've been really busy with lots of school stuff. But in the mist of my hectic life, I always find time to read. I even have a whole corner to my room devoted to my hobby! My friends and I call it "The Book Nook", so I decided to name my book review-posts after it. Anyway, I just finished Melody Carlson's Mixed Bags. It's the first book in the Carter House Girls series, and on a scale of 1-10, I give it a 15! It was really intriguing (did I spell that right?) and even had a dash of romance. So if you're looking for a good read, look no longer! Mixed Bags is must.


Till next time,
anna :)

4 comments:

Libby said...

Hey, can you please pray for my mum as well? she's having surgery on something near her eye and will be gone alllllllllll day, and I mean allllllllll day. please, please poray for wisdom and that everything will go well, and nothing will go wrong with her eye or anything. please, please, pelase pray!! thanks!

~Prism~ said...

Melody Carlson is a great author, but a problem I had with this book was when they're on the beach and a gal finds something that wasn't supposed to be in DJ's bag. That sort of threw me off... I thought it was pretty good other than that and a few mentions of alcohol...

I just wasn't sure if it really was a Christian book until I reached the end.

BUT that being said I've read some pretty A-mazing books by this author.

God Bless,

~Prism~

anna :) said...

Prism-

i culdnt tell it was Christian book either until i reached the end, but ive read the next book in the series, and God is a main focus. i think they had the alcohol and stuff to attract non-Christian readers, then get them hooked on Christ. but we're already hooked on Him :)

hope this changed your mind about the carter house girls series and that you'll continue reading them!

lylasits,
anna :)

Lily said...

and THIS comment is on a post from two whole years ago.....xD

{can you tell I'm a bit bored?!?!?}