Hey you guys! Sorry I haven't posted in a couple of days. It's a crazy life, but I'm just fine. I got everything I've always wanted, living the dreams...Hannah Montana moment. :)
THIS IS THE OFFICIAL KICK OFF FOR G2G THE BIBLE STUDY! I'm sooo excited about it! Because honestly, I'm learning right along with ya. Of course we all know the basic, Sunday School story of Adam and Eve. Eve ate the fruit, gave some to Adam--yada, yada, yada. But there's a lot more to Eve's story. So let's start from the beginning.
Along time ago (in a land far, far away. from me, that is :D) a really, really awesome God made the universe. And the really, really awesome thing was, He spoke it all into existence. Pretty awesome, I know. :) Back on track...on the sixth day, God made a man, Adam. God placed the man in the Garden of Eden to tend and watch over it. It was beautiful; animals, flowers, and trees of every kind. Paradise pretty much. But the Lord warned him, "You may freely eat the fruit of every tree in the garden-except the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. If you eat its fruit, you are sure to die."
Although Adam had his furry friends, he was still lonely, and he needed a companion. So when Adam was sleeping, God took a rib from him and created a woman. Betcha know who that is!
The serpent was the shrewdest (or most clever) that God had created.
One day (or should I say, "once upon a time"?), the serpent asked the woman, "Did God really say you must not eat the fruit from any of the trees in the garden?"
"Of course we may eat from the trees in the garden," the woman replied. "It's only the fruit from the tree in the middle of the garden that we are not allowed to eat. God said, 'You must not eat it or even touch it; if you do, you will die."
"You won't die!" the serpent replied to the woman. "God knows that your eyes will be opened as soon as you eat it, and you will be like God, knowing both good and evil."
Well, long story short, Eve ate the fruit, then convinced Adam to eat the fruit, and like the serpent said, their eyes were opened. And not in a good way. They realized they had sinned, and hid from God.
And God cursed the serpent, but he also punished the woman.
He said to the woman,
“I will sharpened the pain of your pregnancy,
and in pain you will give birth.
And you will desire to control your husband,
but he will rule over you.”
So was Eve evil? No, she wasn’t. Satan just lied to her, and she sinned. “All have sinned and come short of the glory of God.” Romans 3:23
Some girls ask, “What if she hadn’t of sinned? We would’ve lived happily ever after in the Garden of Eden, and never have to endure this life.” But that’s not true. I would’ve sinned. Someone before me would’ve sinned too. Nobody’s perfect, I gotta work it...sorry, another Hannah Montana moment
But seriously, nobody’s perfect. Not me, not you, not Eve. So if you take anything away from this, remember,
We all have eaten bad fruit.
Eve was just the first one to try it.
October 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
good kick off!!! u r so right!After this week, or next...I will be able to have time to start. :D
kewl...cant wait till then! :)
later gator,
anna :)
Great post, Anna! Btw, congradulations on winning Emii's contest! Your poem was so super awesome and creative!!! I LOVED it!!!:):) You rock, Anna!
~Chelsea
thx! :) im glad everyone liked it so well!
Post a Comment