Have you ever prayed a prayer that sounds something like this?
Dear God,
Thanks for sending Jesus to save me. You're great. But there are a few more things that You could do for me...
I really want to make an A on my math test, and then there's this really cute guy that I like. Could You make him like me, too? Thanks. And I was wondering if maybe You could convince mom to buy me that turquoise jacket with the polka-dotted hood at Aeropostale. And You could throw in a pair of Ugg boots while You're at it.
Then my grandma isn't doing to great because of her cancer, so be with her. Be with grandpa too because I think he'll die if he loses her. Thanks again. Goodnight. Oh, and amen.
Now...what's wrong with this picture?
Well, first of all, that was a little bit selfish. Okay, that's definitely an understatement. That prayer was WAAAYYY selfish.
Yeah, they mentioned grandma and grandpa, but that was pretty much it.
But the main thing is that they never gave God a chance to answer. He was probably up there saying, "But--Wait--Hey--!" You know, like when you're talking to one of your friends on the phone and you can't even get two words in. Well, that's probably how God feels sometimes.
He listens to you--no doubt. But the question is: Do you listen to Him? So this week, I challenge you to be quiet for merely five minutes and listen for God's voice.
Or in other words, just hush up and look up :)
PLC,
anna :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Anna, I LOVE your posts. It's like, I think about that, I know it's wrong -- I KNOW I have to listen to God. But I don't because I can't be bothered, which is just so SAD. Because my laptop is always sitting here, on my bed, and it's as if I can here it saying, "Hey,Emii, come ON, go on the internet!" And I'm like... "Oh, okay, fine!" and so I do.
Which is wrong. I know. That's why I love it so much that you, and Chelsea have been giving us like, challenges and stuff -- it kind of forces me to do this stuff, and it's like, "I'd better do that," but it's not like I do it cuz i wanna be good; its cuz i want to, but cant force myself to do it... so thanks soo much! :)
luv,emii
Thanks, Emii! I really do appreciate your comments. And I think I do posts like this bc I'm challenging myself, as well as others...I am by no means perfect.
But I'm glad you like my posts!
And thanks again for commenting!
PLC,
anna :)
Excellent advice! Love this post. Great job, girl.
((hugs & blessings))
Sarah @ ButterflyChic
Nice post, Anna :)
EXCELLENT POST SISTER!
almost everyone never thinks about listening, here in america. it is so ANNOYING!!!! LOL is it the same in australia? you girls who live there?
Post a Comment