July 7, 2010

the Jesus in me (original song)

Hey you guys! I think I posted the first verse and chorus to this song a long time ago...but now it's completely complete! Haha (: Anyways, be sure to comment and tell me what you think!

She's the life of the party
Blonde hair, blue eyes
She's the cheer captain, too
Like that's a suprise
When she walks down the hall
The guys are hypnotized

But I've got something, something she needs
I've got Jesus Christ

I might not look like
The cover of a magazine
I'm not perfect
So sometimes I just wanna scream
It's hard to remember in this society
That what makes me beautiful
Is the Jesus in me

Well time flew by
Now she's thirty-eight
She's had two kids
Another's on the way
Her youthful looks are gone
But she's got saving grace

So she's got beauty, beauty inside
She's got Jesus Christ

I might not look like
The cover of a magazine
I'm not perfect
So sometimes I just wanna scream
It's hard to remember in this society
That what makes me beautiful
Is the Jesus in me

Grandma, what were you like at fifteen
Were you popular, were you the prom queen
Did guys like you, what is it all about
I'm a freshman this year
I've gotta figure it out
She simply smiled and said oh, sweet girl
That won't help you find a place in this world
All you'll ever need is Jesus Christ
Give Him yourself, give Him your life

You might not look like
The cover of a magazine
You're not perfect
So sometimes you'll just wanna scream
Be sure to remember in everything you do
What makes you beautiful
Is the Jesus in you

Yeah, yeah...

We might not look like
The covers of magazines
We're not perfect
So sometimes we'll just wanna scream
We need to get out there and open up their eyes
Cause what makes us beautiful
Is Jesus Christ

6 comments:

emii said...

Anna, I LOVE this. And I love how you sort of write your songs like Taylor Swift. You've gotta make an album, Anna, cuz I will SO buy it!!(:

anna :) said...

thanks, Emii! but i dont think i'll be making an album anytime soon!

emii said...

Hehe, well keep up the awesomee work.. remember when we all used to write "KUTAW" at the end of our comments..

KUTAW!!!:D

Chloƫ said...

AMAZING! I love it Anna! Great job! Continue to use that gift God has given you...this song has a message the world needs to hear! Great work!!!

Chelsea said...

lol, Emii! I do remember. That was really funny when we did that! haha. Anyways, Anna, I <3 your song!!! It's so awesome and it has a great message too!
KUTAW!!:)
Love in Christ,
~Chelsea><>

Libby said...

ANNA!!! im backkk:) same blog address... hope we can get back into blogging chat again... missed uu... luv ur blog btw:)
libby xxx