May 16, 2011

"they dissect everything we say."

Yet another Hawk Nelson lyric.  Haha, I'm a band skipper I 'spose.  I'll really, really like one band, but after I know every single lyric to all of their songs, I'll move onto another one.  Horrible, I know, but it's true :)

As Christians, it's almost as if everyone is continually examining our every move.  We can't do anything wrong without it going unnoticed.  You slip up and say a cuss word and everyone goes ballistic.  You put down someone and you're automatically a hypocrite that doesn't love anyone and hates the world. Lame, I know.  But it happens.  A lot.

Maybe I see it more 'cause I'm in public school.  I don't know.  I just feel like I have to be perfect all day everyday.  And you all know that's impossible.  So how do we take this constant criticism without blowing up and ruining our reps (not to mention our witnesses)?

Well, I found some verses that pretty much spilled it out for me.  God wants us to take it.  He wants us to love on them, even if they're everything but loving to us.  Hard? Yes.  Doable? Yes...with His help.

1 Peter 2:23 (this one was my favorite) - When they hurled their insults at him, he did not retaliate; when he suffered, he made no threats.  Instead, he entrusted himself to him who judges justly.

James 1:2-4 - Consider pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance.  Perseverance must finish it's work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

1 Corinthians 13:6-7 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.  It always protects, always trusts, and always perseveres.

So, on an ending note...

"You can take the one thing I have left, I'd give it all away for so much less.  Can even take the heart inside my chest, whoa, whoa.  You can take the one thing I have left, beat me to the ground and take my breath.  But you can't take who I am, whoa, whoa..."

9 comments:

Bleah Briann//Lovely said...

very nice post m'dear.

Okay so Katie's calling me earlier this afternoon -- maybe around 2. I dunno though exactly.

And Kathryn and I have a texting date around four --

so I'll call you around 5:30...
but at 6 i have to call Micah.

my grandma doesn't know of my schedual yet -- i need to ease this busy phone day on her otherwise i could lose all of it. *head/desk*

xx,
Bleah

Mary said...

Great post! Don't worry...I used to be obsessed with Hawk Nelson too! I went to like three of their concerts in a short amount of time...I think ol' Jason was pretty happy when I moved onto a different band! haha;)

Anonymous said...

I loved this! I also think I John 3:1 is an excellent verse for this (especially the last half): "...therefore the world knoweth us not because it knew him not."
Verses 2 and 3 are great too.
I find it almost painfully amusing how much higher a standard the world holds for us Christians than we do for ourselves. It really reminds me to pressure myself to be an even greater witness. I find I can use mistakes made and ridiculed as a witness, too, by admitting my mistake humbly, confessing it to God, and then telling those that ridicule how God has forgiven me for that as well. Thank you for this great post! :D <3

Hayley said...

lovely post! it really spoke to me!(:

Lily said...

oh gosh....I really needed this today. (: Especially that verse from James. It seems like everywhere I turn, I'm facing trials of some kind. *takes deep breath* so thank you for this post, Anna dear. ;)


OH MY WORD YOUR LETTER JUST CAME!!!!!!!!!!! It's so beautiful! Ha, and those lyrics look familiar. :DDDDD

okay, so my mom said that we can talk on the phone!!!!! But not until later this week, 'cause I have too much work for school. :p I'll email you my cell number. (:

looooooove ya,
~Lily

Shelley said...

Awesome post Anna! Very true, and so right! With Him we can do it, we can do anything! :)

tinyheart said...

Hi Anna :) I stumbled across your blog a few months ago and fell in love with it! It has encouraged me greatly,and its so good to know there's other girls out there who struggle with the same things I do! (isn't that terrible,haha :)) You've been lovely to read about :) ,keep up the great work!!

Blessings and love,
tinyheart <3

Lily said...

your comment seriously had me crying my eyes out. thank you for not trying to place yourself in my shoes.....thank you for just loving me and being there.

you may not be my blood sister, but I do consider you a deep, deep soul-sister. Never forget how much you mean to me, Anna-dear. God sure knew what He was doing when He had us start blogging. <3

love you always,
~Lily

ps--your letter will be sent by tomorrow. :DDDD

revotourgirl said...

Hey I love your blog! I have one too! Come check it out!
www.tweensbloggin4god.blogspot.com
Thanks!
-Angel :)