"Your illustrations always point out just what's wrong with me. It's chapstick and chapped lips and things like chemistry..." - Relient K
Now you may find this lyric as complete and utter gibberish (another amazing RK song -- just sayin'). I, however, think it surpasses witty and right into the you-understand-teenagers-perfectly category. Why?
1. I can never find any chapstick when I need it. Instead, I find it when my lips are moisturized and it's of absolutely no use to me.
2. I have chapped lips all throughout winter. The nasty kind that bleed when you accidently bite down too hard on them. Yeah. Ow. Not looking forward to it.
And 3. In the song they're talking about chemistry, I know. The kind of chemistry in relationships, not the class. Yeahyeahyeah. But right now, I'm hating biology. So I just inserted it where chemistry is supposed to be. I'm making an 87 in there right now, which isn't too thrilling when you're normally used to 96s and 97s. And your teacher kind of creeping you out doesn't help much either.
But the funny thing is, all these annoyances don't seem to matter to me anymore. Ever since I found Ephesians 6:15, God's been showing me all the little things. As of late those include: beasting at my volleyball game last night, my crush sitting by me at church *blushes*, and a zucchini muffin from my best friend yesterday morning. Sorry guys, I went off chasing butterflies for a moment. Little things are worth the chasing, though :)
Back to the everyday annoyances. They just roll off my back now. It's like I could care less what people think of me anymore. I mean, the worst they can do is call me a name. Make fun of my faith. Tell me I don't know how to have fun and that I'm a total geek. The point is, we all have faults. We could always point out something wrong with someone else. And ourselves. Maybe our mistakes are what make us beautiful. Beautiful messes, cleaned up by The Janitor, name-tag reading, "Jesus". Now if we can only learn to look past the mess part and see the beautiful.
"I don't want to be perceived the way I am, I just want to be perceived the way I am."
August 31, 2011
it's chapstick and chapped lips and things like..biology?
More on:
loving out loud,
me,
my life,
Relient K,
standing out
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
I love what you said about us being beautiful messes! And Jesus is the Janitor making us clean. Great analogy Anna! :)
Hey Anna! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Although I don't know if that is possible I will check around for a tutorial. I will be in touch soon. ;)
Emilie
blownawayblogdesigns.blogspot.com
i love that, Anna! Sometimes, through all of that school drama and homework and harsh teachers, God just totally reminds us that He's there for us through the little things in life and whispers into our ears, " hey! it's ok, honey. I'm here...i'll help you through this." i really love that analogy :) such a great reminder!
anyhow, i DEFINITELY know what you mean about biology! i have that this year too and i HATE it :( i don't really like my teacher that much either, but i'll survive somehow just like you will...
ha ha! i always lose my chapstick too...it seems like i'm always asking my mom for some new chapstick and then the next thing you know, it disappears again :P
i just have to get better at this organization thing!
emilie - thanks, girl! i understand if you don't find one, though. i can't follow tutorials worth blahh :P
chelsea - haha, organization is not my strong point..at all. -_-
All done. :) Thanks!
no, thank YOU! :)
chapped lips = awful stuff. :(
The Janitor thing is absolutely brilliant, Anna!!!! Seriously....we're a mess, but our Janitor comes in and cleans us up....yeah, that's amazing. (:
love always,
~Lily
ps--hehe, glad you got my letter <3
Like you do, we all really have faults on our own...and it's indeed a great thing that we have The Janitor who cleans them up for us many times every time we mess up around.
Oh, I awarded you in my blog! Hope you could look and see it! Thanks!
http://dreaming-inthe-blue.blogspot.com/
Great post! <3
anna
godstomboy@blogspot.com
Post a Comment