Anyway, back to the real post...
I've got two songs stuck in my head at the moment - "Automatic" and "Eyes" - both by *laughs* Stellar Kart. I mean, who else, right? ;)
Anyway, they're both fun, really catchy, and have great message, but I'm gonna focus in on "Eyes", 'cause it kinda deals with the situation I'm in right now.
The world seems to have a lot to offer-"love", "beauty", "happiness." Doesn't seem too bad, eh? I didn't think so either. But while Christians are supposed to be all about God, our society revolves around me, myself, and I. And it shouldn't work like that. Hence the quotation marks ;) And that's kind of what this song is about. To see past the fake beauty, to see what God sees. Which means seeing past the outside and looking at the heart.
Ya see, I struggle with stereotyping, so it really got to me.
Open my eyes
I wanna see what you see
Beyond these beautiful lies
Open my eyes
To find what lasts forever
Look to the soul that's inside
Open my eyes
So, I want God to open my eyes. To the people who need love. To the people who need Him.
Blessings always & forever,
anna :)
PS - "Eyes" is on my blogPod, so you can listen to it right here! :D

2 comments:
Your silly friend aha:P
Ooh I'll listen to it!!
(: Great post.
And I'm glad you found Kinsey's blog! She's my soul sister, ya know. ;)
Of course, I consider you one too. Can you have more than one soul sister?????
~lily
Post a Comment