December 29, 2010

"i didn't do anything for the kingdom today."

This confession by an awesomely cool guy - who's almost like a second dad - hit me hard.  His name's Tim by the way...and he has a blog :)  Click HERE to visit!  And follow.  Ya know ya wanna...*wink*


So.  Back to the post.  He hates it when I put him on a pedestal, and always tells me to give Jesus all the glory.  So - this is not him - this is simply Jesus working through him to get to me. Just thought you better know that up front.  Anywayyy...


This made me realize I should be putting forth all my effort to at least do ONE THING - even if it's just one - to help The Kingdom of God flourish.  Maybe it could be saying hi to someone who doesn't have any friends.  Maybe it could be going to a *GASP* soup kitchen and lending a hand.  Or even worse! Telling someone that I'm a Christian and ask them if they know Jesus personally.


It might be stupid rambles, but I know I need to get out there and do something.  Something that's gonna last for eternity.  And this might be another stupid ramble, but I think this blog is going to count in eternity.  I made it so I could meet other Christian girls - so they could help strengthen my faith and I could help strengthen theirs.  And I truly believe that God counts that for something.


So.  Did you do something for The Kingdom today?  I did.  I obeyed my parents!  Might sound insignificant, but for me, that's huge.


"Don't waste your energy striving for perishable food like that. Work for the food that sticks with you, food that nourishes your lasting life, food the Son of Man provides. He and what he does are guaranteed by God the Father to last." 
--John 6:27

blessings always and forever,
anna :)

And yes, I was up at midnight writing this.  What?!  It was important!

11 comments:

Lily said...

:D
I love the idea, Anna!!! Trying to do at least ONE good thing a day could definitely add up! And, eventually, we'll probably get more comfortable with witnessing to others.
Love that pic, by the way. ;)

Love always,
~Lily

Katie said...

I love this! Awesome! It's something I strive to do, also. :)

Katie

Bleah Briann//Lovely said...

That's so awesome. :) Thanks!!! :D

And -- I'm gonna be gone today... *gah* and i'm going to be baysitting tonight... so we can't talk... and my grandma just set up an appointment for SMACK DAB in the middle of tomorrow... so yeah --- I'm not happy.

xx,
Bleah

Alyson Schroll said...

Love the quote

Anonymous said...

Anna,

I think this ia challenge for many Christians (myself included) - to do things that will last for eternity. We often get caught-up in the "here and now," that we forget where our real treasures should be stored.

I love your ending quote as well. It's very true, but humbling at the same time.

Lastly, I am following you. Sorry about that. I was having a rough day yesterday. I hope that you can forgive me. :)

Blessings from an "Older" Sister, :)

-Lady Rose

Hayley said...

This post made me smile. :)

I love reading your blog, your posts are really speaking to me. So thanks. :)

Lily said...

About your poll:
I totally love your name right now, but I do see where you're coming from. So, if you want.....change the name. I do think more guys would follow you. :)
Oh, and your profile pic is super cute. :D Where were you when it was taken?

Your-forever-soul-sister,
~Lily

ps--I emailed you!

Jazzie Shea said...

Your blog is simply cute. I love it. I think your sidebar is adorable. I really love how your heart is so turned on for God. I think it is awesome.

Your blog title is SUPER awesome (But I agree with Lily:)). Thanks for all the inspiration. I am definently following:). Keep up the awesome work.
XXO, Jazzie

Kade said...

Wow, the poll seems to lean one way, no?

Lily said...

poor Kade. :( Now you definitely have to change it!! Although, you can't really go against the poll either....or can you. :D

~Lily

Kade said...

I was thinking the opposite. With 2for guys drool, and 5 who don't care...