December 27, 2010

"maybe it's because you really didn't want to see him."

I know, I know. I am horrible, weak, and an absolute failure. What can I say? I'm addicted to blogging. It's because I feel comfortable here - I can say what I want without everyone thinking I'm some sort of creepy writer/artist person. So yeah. Back to the post.

In Prince Caspian - one of my favorite movies! - Susan asks Lucy why she didn't see Aslan. Lucy's reply?

"Maybe it's because you really didn't want to see him."

This hit me really hard. Lately, I've been feeling, sorta...distant from God. And maybe it's because I really don't want to see Him. I should be searching continually, looking for Him everywhere. And I just don't.

So. I'm gonna start looking for Him. In school, at home, at church, on Blogger - everywhere. I should want to see Him so bad that I can't keep myself from looking.

Much love,
anna :)

P.S. - I ditched Ned for Peter. Horrible, I know. But Peter's brave, smart, cunning, and cute. He's a keeper *wink*

9 comments:

Devin said...

I know the feeling. Sometimes I wonder why I can't feel God working in my life then I realize I just haven't been letting myself see him. I'm making it one of my 2011 Resolutions. Great post! :) And good luck.

Lily said...

Well, if God does appear on Blogger, I'll be super happy!!!!!
Great to have you back. ;)

And haha, Peter rules too. In our fantasies, we can be sisters-in-law!!!! :D

Love always,
~Lily

Lily said...

Cute background, btw :)

Emma Cate said...

Love the Narnia post!
I have a few more swirling around in my head.

Bleah Briann//Lovely said...

Why'd you delete the thing about your friends blog?

anna :) said...

i'm gonna post it later on in the day when everyone's on...most people are on the afternoon...so yeah. :)

Lulu said...

Aww, Peter is cute. :) I have the same feeling about blogging sometimes..it is hard.

Anonymous said...

Anna,

I like the opening quote on your blog. You sure do know how to capture your blog readers, don't you? :)

At any rate, I don't know anything about Narnia, but I think often times in our walk with God, we just "don't want to see Him," which is pure foolishness, but I think as humans, we get this way sometimes. We shouldn't, but we do.

Well, it was nice to visit your blog today. Take care.

Blessings,

-Lady Rose

Buttercup said...

Dude, Anna! You're so right! I don't know if this really goes or not, but there's a quote that says something like: a girl should be so lost in God that a boy has to seek Him in order to find her. We need to be seeking Him daily, hourly, and even minutely; we need to be listening and talking with Him constantly, but do we? I know I don't. Maybe that is why Paul the Apostle exhorted, "Pray without ceasing".

Also, I think that we need to seek Him outside just as much as we seek Him inside, or for some people, seek Him inside just as much as we seek Him outside! What I mean is this, we might seek Him at youth group on Sunday nights, but what do we do the rest of the week? Or on the other hand, we may seek Him at home with no one around, but not in front of our friends at school.

Lastly, I think the most important thought I got from your post is that we need to set our priorities right; meaning that if Christ is our number one priority, we will WANT to seek Him, on the other hand, if the computer is our number on priority, we will WANT be with/on the computer all the time.

Thanks for getting me thinking, Anna, I may just write a post on some of what I just said...lol. If you don't mind me copying a little, well, I guess it wouldn't be copying since I went so off subject! lol.

love in Christ,
Buttercup

P.S. haha. yeah, Peter's cute, gotta admit, but he's also kinda annoying in Prince Caspian, cause he doesn't really listen to Aslan. :P