December 2, 2010

apathy in the air?

apathy |ˈapəθē|nounlack of interest, enthusiasm, or concern : widespread apathy among students.ORIGIN early 17th cent.: from French apathie, via Latin from Greekapatheia, from apathēs ‘without feeling,’ from a- ‘without’ + pathos‘suffering.’That's me in a nutshell lately. Apathetic. It's like I don't even care anymore. I don't know. Maybe it's high school. Maybe it's the fact that I'm not in the 'popular' crowd this year. Or maybe I'm just blahhh. I don't know. But it's like I've fallen into this rut of apathy and I can't get out!It's not like I WANT to be apathetic. 'Cause I don't. I try to be happy and full of energy, but I'm just not.All my life I've been an all-A student, but lately, I don't care about my grades. I don't care that I have two Bs. I mean, it's school. It's something we all have to go through, not anything out of the norm.Maybe that's it. I'm sick of normal. Tired of typical. Cringing at complacency.I even have a playlist for it. It's called "apathetic *yawn*". Ridiculous right? Well, here are the songs anyway :)Apathetic Way to Be - Relient KProcrastinating - Stellar KartBe My Escape - Relient KHold On - tobyMacMillion Miles Away - MercyMeEverything Falls - FeeWonderin' - tobyMacBelieve - Britt NicoleNever Grow Up - Taylor SwiftI so hate consequences - Relient KSo yeah. Is it just me? Or is apathy in the air?

9 comments:

Unknown said...

It is sooo not just you. :-) Our house seems to be unmotivated as we call it. :(
~Emilie

Lily said...

Nah, it's not just you, girlie. (:
I, for one, am just so tired of school, school, and school. I want an adventure!!! I want something exciting (but good) to happen!

*sighs* Maybe it's just us being our usual teenage selves....here's to praying that God will help get us motivated again!!

Love and prayers,
~lily

Taylor said...

I have these same feelings as well sometimes, so I totally understand how you feel. Right now I'm actually a bit inspired in my schoolwork, chores, and all the mundane things of life... because it's the Christmas season! For some reason that simple fact makes me feel all *giddy* inside. :D

Thank you so much for keeping my dad in your prayers, Anna. It really means a lot to me! :)

Blessings,
-- Taylor

Bleah Briann//Lovely said...

It's not just you sweet girl! It's me too... and alot of people. But I don't think that is a bad thing... or at least Matthew Thessian is convincing me it's not. I've been listning to that song on repeat for days. But honestly... I think not caring about the stuff around us can be kind of like a sheild. I think it's better to not care then to get sucked it don't you?

Love,
Bleah

anna :) said...

thank goodness. and bleah, you mean 'better than getting sucked IN?' haha :) and yeah, i guess it IS better to be apathetic than to be caught up in the world. never thought about it in that sense, but now that you mention it...

blessings always & forever,
anna :)

P.S. - thanks for all the comments lately girls! i feel loved! :D

emii said...

Definitely not just you. I've been SO tired and just can't be bothered with anything lately. We've got so much going on at school -- yet we're not doing any work. I'm just thankful that today's Friday and there's just one more week till school's finished for the year!

Hayley said...

Hahah I love how you have songs on there! :))

Shelley said...

I've been sorta been feeling like that lately. That everyday is the same. I want excitement, fun, and interesting. School seems more boring than I remember, and I want to get it over with so I can start my journeyful life! You're not alone! Like you said, apathy is in the air! :)

But maybe we are all feeling this way for a reason. Maybe God has a plan. A plan that is full of excitement, and He is waiting for the right time. Hang in there, excitement is on its way! :)

Unknown said...

I know this has nothing to do with you post... but I know how much you like converse shoes and I found this website and I immediately thought of you! http://www.converse.com/#/products/shoes/converseOne/scratch/all It is really cool! :-)
~Emilie