July 30, 2011

postacards, poems, and pondering (about guys).

I have returned my dear bloggers!  To talk about... stuff.  I like stuff.  Do you like stuff? ;)

Seriously, though, I've missed ya'll a lot and I apologize for just now getting around to posting, but my summer has been (surprisingly!) jam-packed.  I've hung out with my youth group (my oh-so-crazy-yet-wonderful youth group) a lot, had volleyball practices everyday since the end of June, and sleepovers with Shan of course.  Okay, I'm rambling.  I'll continue with my actual post.

First off, I have an announcement.  I got a postcard -- FROM PARIS, FRANCE!  I was so excited I did a happy dance for 5 minutes after I looked it down for the 18th time.  My friend and pen pal, Katie, sent it to me -- yeah, she actually went to Paris.  Amazing?  Yes.  Jealous?  Maybeokayyes.

As for the 'poems' part of the title, I wrote a poem last night, that comes from somewhere deep within me that only God can see all of.  It's called The Key to My Heart.

In my hand I hold a key
And with it lies my destiny.
Not for sale or up for grabs,
It's a gift, not yet unwrapped.
It will be given only when
I find a love that never ends.
The kind of love that feels my pain,
The kind of love that has no shame.
A love that's real and pure and true.
A love that means the words, "I do".
A love that lasts and flys so free,
A love that's meant for only me.
A love reflected in his eyes.
No just for me, but for Christ.
My love I know will never part;
He'll hold the key --
The key to my heart.

Now to the pondering.  Guys are the subject I will never ace.  The confusion will never end.  So why do we keep pining after these clueless knuckleheads?  Well for me it has to do with:
1. His eyes.
2. That grin.
3. His Lecrae obsession.
4. He loves God and means it.
5. He actually knows of my existence.
I want him to notice me, but I don't want to -- come onto him, ya know?  I'm too shy to start a conversation, but not loud enough for him to look my way.  'Spose I'll just sit here and wait.  I'm getting good at this whole waiting thing...maybe too good :P

"He sits there all alone.  He's reading from a chapter that he sometimes calls his own.  And now, he's takin' over me.  This guy I once rejected, has now become the guy of my dreams..."  --Hawk Nelson

12 comments:

Hosanna said...

LOVE. LOVE. LOVE. your poem. Thats how i want is for me.

In Christ
Hosanna

Lily said...

ohhhhh....I love that poem! I seriously might frame it. so beautiful. :)
haha, clueless knucklehead eh? Well, I'll pray that God gives you just the right words to say next time you see him. ;))))

love ya always,
~Lily

Jocee said...

Wonderful poem! It's so true, and so beautiful. And girl, don't worry about those guys. It's all going to be okay :))
-Jocee <3

Buttercup said...

oh, Anna! I love your poem, girl! Absolutely fantastic. Sounds wonderful AND flows wonderful. Two things I can never put together - I always get one or the other! haha. But you did uber FANTASTIC!!!!

ah yes. Boys. More confusing than algebra - and THAT is dreadfully confusing. Knuckleheads. lol.

Oh man, I can relate. Eyes. Grin. Not sure with Lecrae...:P Never really listened to him. But, loves God and MEANS it. Knows you exist. You're so good at putting down what's in all of our heads but that we can't, or just don't, put down. You say it like it is. haha. Love that about you.

Love you more though!
God bless, girl! Glad you're back!
Buttercup

Shelley said...

Beautiful poem Anna! Very well written! :) And about the guy thing, I think waiting is a good idea. Wait and see what happens. If you two were meant to be together, he'll still be in your life later on. :)

Jules(: said...

Beautiful poem. :)

emii said...

I love your poem. It's beautiful and so true and speaks the hearts of mine and a whole lot of other hearts out there!

Olivia said...

anna! hello! this is livvy from Nancy Rue's blog :). I've been following your blog for awhile and really like your insights and things :). I'm starting an online magazine called P.U.R.E and was wondering if you would like to promote it on your blog? here is the link
www.pure-mag.blogspot.com
The first issue will be on modesty of dress. It hasn't come out yet... hopefully in August :)

Anonymous said...

I can't remember how I found your blog...haha, but I love to read it! anyways, what I came here to do...

Are we talking about the same boy? haha i love reading your posts! I feel like if we knew each other, we would be great friends. Hawk Nelson, Lecrae, a crazy insane youth group? Yep. You are my friend. ha!


Sorry if that sounded super creepy...it was not intendted to be super creepy!

Chelsea said...

Yay! You're back :)

Wow...that's sooo cool that you got a postcard from Paris *crosses arms* I'm so jealous!

Anyways, I love that poem you wrote, girl! I recently wrote a poem too (you can check it out on my blog if ya want) and i really didn't think i was all that into poetry until i actually wrote one and it's really just such a great way to express yourself.

I hear ya, girl! Guys are sooo confusing to me. Like this past week I went on this missions trip with my youth group and there was this one guy (his name is Lucas :) who i got to know a little better and he just has such a great heart for God and i really kind of like him, but i don't know if anything will ever come of it but i can dream can't it?

For now....i'll just wait :)

Bleah Briann//Lovely said...

I got a postcard too! muahuahua. Pretty awesome, huh? *cheesy grin* <3 Katie is the best.

BeccyW said...

What a beautiful poem!
And I sympathize with the 'guy' thing.
Thanks for the great post. :)