Hopes, dreams, and goals for the next 365 days. Well, that most definitely cannot be summed up in a single post, m'dears. So, I'll just give you a glimpse of what I'm hoping to accomplish in the next few months.
1. quit stereo typing.
I'm a stereotyper. And I mean bad. I have everyone put into boxes, as if they're not capable of being anything but a "prep" or a "nerd". I guess you just kind of pick it up when you've been in public school since first grade. But no more. I'm going to see people for who they really are; I'll look past their clothes, language, social status. I'll see them as God's creation -- after all, we're all His image-bearers.
2. find my style.
As of now, I have none. I mean, zilch. See, I've always been a tomboy, and now that I'm in high school, well that exterior isn't me anymore. Sure, I like sweats and T-shirts on occasion -- who doesn't? But on a daily basis, erm, no. So -- ya'll wanna help me? I was thinking some you could do a favorite outfit post, so I could get a head-start in the fashion world. *cheesy grin*
3. be myself.
I know that sounds overly cliche, but I need to just be me. I feel confined to this person people expect me to be, and I'm sick of it. I will not be put in a box. I will be my own person. Have my own spunk. Wear what I want, even if the rest of the school hates it. Sing like no one's listening. Love like there's no tomorrow.
"Feel the rain on your skin, no one else can feel it for you. Only you can let it in. No one else, no one else can speak the words on your lips. Drench yourself in words unspoken, live your life with arms wide open. Today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten." --Unwritten, Natasha Bedingfield
What are some of your ambitions?
-anna :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Ohmigoodness!!! WOW I pretty much have the same goals. o.O Very awesome ;) Oh and according to your #1 goal, I'd be a nerd, just so you know. :D
This was such a good post, and I LOVE your new blog design! The header is spectacular!! Okay, back to the post ;) I don't think it's cliche at all to just be yourself, I think it's a great decision and I admire you for it :)) Great post!
-Jocee <3
Wonderful goals, Anna! I can agree with each one of them, for sure! Especially the one on finding your style...oooh yeah, I can relate, girl!
~Lauren :)
I think that's a great list of goals! To be myself would probably be on my list too. :)
lovely post! I have those same goals too. :D
you should watch this movie: To Save A Life
it changed my life and totally opened my eyes. ah. maz. ing. :)
They're all really good goals, and especially number 3!!! I'm working on that one too. ;)
That quote is BEEYOOTIFUL!!! I might just have to steal it for my quotes page. *shuffles feet*
Love ya,
~Lily
that was a beautiful post! and not to sound like i'm copying you. but my goals would be...
-find me
-BE me
-don't care what others say or think. This may sound lame, but thats just me.
And i love that girl. :)
oh and Hayley, i've seen "To Save A Life"and it's just like you said.
ah. maz. ing.
lol. ;)
Post a Comment