April 5, 2011

if i was brave i'd write a letter to the president...

If you ask me, Hawk Nelson is completely ingenious.  But lucky for you this post isn't about Hawk Nelson.  'Cause if it was, you'd be reading for the next 24 hours ;)

No, it's about standing up for what's right.  *crowd gasps*

How else do I put it?  CHRISTIANS ARE BABIES.  And you're thinking, "Um, Anna, you say you're a Christian, so technically aren't you calling yourself a baby...?"

Okay, I admit it.  I AM A BABY WHEN IT COMES TO STANDING UP FOR WHAT'S RIGHT.

"Christians, we're all afraid of fire.  We prefer to suck on pacifiers."

I've sat through many a conversation about homosexuality, abortion - you name it - and not said a word.  Sure, if someone gets me fired up or challenges me.  But until then, I'm quieter than a mouse.

"If I was brave I'd write a letter to the President and he would pass it to the leaders of our Parliament.  But for now I won't say nothing..."

So right here, right now I'm gonna tell you exactly what I think.  America is going down the drain.  Why?

1. HOMOSEXUALITY.  I don't care how much you 'love' each other.  It's wrong, nasty, and God blatantly tells us it's detestable.  (Leviticus 20:13)

2. ABORTION.  It's murder.  It just is.  There's no other 'nice' way to put it.  That baby is an innocent, living creature of God - someone who shouldn't be taken for granted.  I wrote my research paper on it last year, so believe me, I know my stuff when it comes to this.  (Psalm 139:13-14)

3. SEX BEOFRE MARRIAGE.  God tells us to save ourselves, to be pure.  Paul even encourages staying single if you can control yourself from lusting!  (1 Corinthians 7:2)

"Not to mention date rape, felony, and car theft.  Break it down and tell me what we got left."

Nothing.  We have nothing but a nation that has flushed morals down the toliet.  But as for me, I'm not gonna take it anymore.  I can't stand to let teenagers to wonder what's right and what's wrong.  Okay, so maybe I won't write Obama a letter.  But I'm gonna voice my opinion, put in my two cents.  No more doormat.

"As for now I'll start with something."

[songs: "Down in Flames" by Relient K and "Letters to the President" by Hawk Nelson]

12 comments:

Jenn Noelle said...

Good for you Anna. And I totally agree with everything you said. America is going down the drain quite honestly. But Christians are wimps--Americans are wimps. We like to stay in our little boxes where we know we'll be accepted.
But hey, Jesus never told us it would be easy, this whole standing up for Him thing. In fact, he told us quite the opposite. So maybe--just maybe--if we find ourselves too comfortable with things like homosexuality and abortion--if we find ourselves not caring enough to speak up and put in our two cents and do something that matters--maybe that's our problem more than anything. We should rethink where we're coming from, because there's no way the world is going to listen unless we're sure that we know that we know.
And thankfully, because God gives us truth, we can be sure that we know that we know. So we should be shining that light for Jesus.
*sigh* Sorry to go on rant. This is something that I don't think anyone likes to be confronted with, but we all need to face it and decide what we're going to do. Good thoughts. :)
In Christ, Jenn

Alyson Schroll said...

I so agree with you on everything.

Shelley said...

Go Anna! Speak for what's right! :) Even if it's just on your blog, that's a great start! I totally agree with you, Christians these days need to take a stand and speak up!

Mary said...

Yeah, I agree with you...so many of us Christians want to just stay in our comfort zones and not get out there and be a light to the world. Do you think God put us on earth just so we could be our happy-little-Christian selves, doing are own thing and not caring about all the people drowning in sin around us? Nooo...we're here for a reason, may God open all of our eyes to it and start making a change.
~God bless
*By the way, I wouldn't mind staying up twenty-four hours reading a post about Hawk Nelson.;D I used to be their biggest fan!!!:D :D*

Buttercup said...

You are right on, sister! I might not call all Christians babies, for some are very good at standing up for what they believe in, but the majority of "Christians" wouldn't put anything on the line. I'm not calling you a fake Christian though, not by any stretch of the imagination! So don't take that wrong! When it comes to me, most of the time I stay silent, but because of some hard situations that I have gone through in the past six months I have gotten better at speaking my mind and standing up for Christ.

With that said, I believe it takes growth in Christ. As you grow more and more in Christ you find that He is worth more than what the world thinks of you, He's worth more than staying away from ridicule, He's worth more than even life itself. As a believer grows in Christ and learns that vital thing, they will find themselves basically unable to stay seated! They will have a love for God so deep that they don't even consider their own life before they stand up for what's right.

That's what I believe, for that is what I see happening in my own life. With others the pattern probably differs slightly, but the main point stays the same.

Love ya, girl! :)

Love in Christ,
Buttercup

Jocee said...

Oh, hello! Revelation!! Amen!! I totally agree with you right there. I am a baby too when it comes for doing what's right. I'm about to do it, when something pulls me back and whispers "but don't you have to--" and I don't go. I need to stop doing that. Great post, Anna, I loved it :))
-Jocee <3

Michal said...

I totally agree with you! I guess all we can do is pray and try to shine our lights for God. :)

Lily said...

Brilliant post, soul-sis!!!!

I will admit---sometimes I AM scared to voice my opinions. But I really do need to stand up for what's right in this world....which sadly is slipping away. *sighs*

Missed you!!!!

Lauren said...

You go, girl! Amen, sista friend! And all those other hoopla sort things.
I don't know how I missed this post by the way...as I've said, I need to sift through my followed blogs!!!
And yes I DID get your letter!! I sent you an email about it, haha ;) I'm working on sending yours, it's been written for a few days now, but we JUST got stamps, and it's been this big process...bleh. But it shall be sent, don't you worry! :D :D :D

michelle :) said...

go Anna! Speak the truth! ;) lol.
but it is true. everything you said is true. And this post was very, VERY inspiring. Really. and your right.
no more doormat.

Mary said...

By the way, I tagged you on my blog girly...so feel free to do it if you want! Heres the link, just scroll down to the bottom of the post to get the tag!
http://suesuesstories.blogspot.com/2011/04/featured-follower-jocee.html

Katie said...

Wow! Completely agree!
This is a great post, Anna! You go, girl!

Katie