Sorry for my lack of posting as of late. I tend to drift away from the Blogger world every now and again. Things at home have been rather hectic, and spring break was last week...yeah, that's my excuse ;)
But despite the fact I didn't travel to the beach or go on a cruise, my spring break wasn't a total loss. I earned some money filling in at the chiropractic office my mom works at, had a movie marathon with two of my best friends, and (obviously) and went to see Soul Surfer...with two different best friends. :)
Soul Surfer was the portrayal of Bethany Hamilton, a 13-year-old Hawaiian girl who survived a shark attack and still continued to pursue her passion for surfing. Not only was it heart wrenching and inspiring...it made me realize how selfish I am.
I mean, I am really selfish. I have both arms, both legs -- all of which work right. I don't have cancer or an incurable disease. I have a family who cares about me, clothes on my back, food in my cabinets, and a roof over my head.
Just like Bethany, I needed a new perspective. And this movie gave me one. :)
love-love-love,
anna :)

16 comments:
I'm DYING to see this movie!! I don't know why I haven't seen it yet. It look soo good.
Whoop!! You GO, Bethany :))
-Jocee <3
I saw this movie too!!! Amazing! All the blood in the water kinda made me queasy though.... o.O I am normally not a person who faints at the sight of blood but you have to admit, there was a LOT. And Dennis Quaid was great in that movie as was Anna Sophia Robb. :)
I've seen the trailer, and it looks like a good movie!
The shark attack part looks like it is a little scary though...
Bethany had a lot of determination--It's so beautiful that she gave God the glory! :D
Blessings,
Moriah
Hmm, I have heard really good stuff about this movie and really want to see it now! :D Nice post. :)
elisa45.blogspot.com
~Elisa:)
i totally know what ya mean. i've heard all about Soul Surfer, and i am SO dyin' to see it. While i was in Kroger's, i (as usual) wandered off to the book section. While there, i saw a book entitled...Soul Surfer.
i started reading it, and...only two chapters in, Bethany just opened my eyes. I totally reccommend it. (even though i only read the first two chapters and haven't seen the movie...reccommended!)
I missed you Anna! Glad you're back. :)
I got her devotion book a few years ago :) But I've heard about this movie, and I really want to see it -- only it's not out here in Australia. I hope it comes sometime soon! We just got Never Say Never, so I guess I'll be watching that one first:P
Soul Surfer is a great movie, it's a movie that the whole family can see together. There needs to be more family friendly films like this out there.
I just did a post about this movie! haha. I loved it! blessings,
Kimmi
I desperately want to see that movie!! It looks so inspiring...;D
I REALLY want to see this movie!!!
I'm going to have to wait until it goes on the $1 rack at the library!
I can't wait to see that movie! My mom is taking me to see it on Monday, I'm so excited!!! :)
Have a lovely day Anna. xxxx~Kels
*laughs* Delayed comment. =D
So....I'm glad this movie was good! I remember reading about Bethany in American Girl magazine a few years back, and her story really touched my heart. I love her smile!!
Ha, I just watched Tangled....and then I saw your profile pic. LOVE IT GIRLIE!!!!!
Your Flynn-lovin- soul-sis,
~Lily
ps--I think blog playlists are supposed to be random...(:
I saw on Bleah's post that you're going to see Newsboys this weekend!! *jumps up and down* So totally coowall!!!! If you meet them, say hi to them for me....I haven't met them. *shuffles feet*
~Lily
lily: i knowww! i'm pretty pumped about the whole thing. and i kinda have "connections", so i might actually meet them! and of course i'll tell them you said hi:D
Ooh! I'm going to see this movie on Sunday! So can't wait! :-D
Katie
Post a Comment